Friday, December 12, 2008

Power Generators

So sorry I have not entered a post in a long time. I won't be lazy anymore...

Description of the Weather Outside:
Ice sickles all over the place, power lines down, trees in the middle of the road, freezing!!!!

There's no school today and it's not because of the horrible, icy weather in New England.

It's because it's my birthday. Just kidding, but not about my birthday. Today is my birthday, December 12th. Moving on, today is a conference day for the teachers. To make a long story short, the teachers used to have parent-teacher conferences today but they don't anymore.

So, last night I went to Valentine's house and we watched Meet Dave and had ice cream and popcorn (but not together). We were supposed to go to the theater to see Four Christmases, but the weather was really icky... Anyways, Meet Dave was a pretty good movie. Not hilarious, but chuckles throughout the movie.

When I woke up this morning, I was expecting it to be sunny and warm, but to my surprise, it was pitch black and freezing cold (I also was sleeping in a tank top). I looked at my clock and I couldn't see anything. I wondered what was wrong with it.

Then I realized when the power goes out, my clock doesn't light up.

Doesn't that suck, it's 6:30 in the morning and you have to get out of bed to turn on a light in order to read your clock. Yep, that's what I did.

I went downstairs a couple minutes later. My birthday "vision" was to see the lights on, smell the cinnamon rolls baking, and see my presents on the kitchen table. Instead I saw four candles on the kitchen table and the fire in the living room going. If you haven't guessed it by now, the power was out.

I waited until about 7:15 to open presents... they were nice, but not really what I expected. But that's okay, as least I got some.

By this time, I was tired, cold, and hungry, and I was not so excited about my birthday.

Finally, my wonderful dad hooked up the generator which brought power to some of the house, but now I have internet!!!!!

So, thank God for Power Generators!!!!

Adios from your newly crowned 13 year old New England Girl who is half way sad because her birthday isn't want she expected.

Lucy Lovebug



P.S. I feel really bad for the other schools around my town because they have a snow day and it's not even January. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Laura! I say this with true sympathy, not fake! Happy Birthday, teenager! I shun you, in a friendly sort of way!
Valentine <3